Wednesday, July 30, 2008

I have just been to a really cool website called The Stretcher. It has some the best tips on there to save you money on cleaning supplies and other tidbits. I am always buying stuff at the thrift stores with that musty odor. I now know how to releive myself of the nasty odors. Thanks Stretcher for your help.
I need to start having thrifty days with pictures of all of my finds. I found some of the coolest drapes from the 60's-70's avocado green. LOVE them. They stink though. So they are in the washer with vinegar right now. We will see if The Stretcher is correct.
Speaking of vintage, I thought I might give you a glimpse of some more vintage me shots.

Can you guess which one is me? Yep, on the right. Actually that is my greatx8 grandma from the 1800's (ha). Did everyone have one of these pictures from the Laura Ingall's era?

And then my sister Lisa took Anne and I to the mall and had these pictures taken. Obviously I dressed myself because as you will notice I am in a summer dress while my sisters are in winter outfits. (Being the youngest of 8 has its privileges.)

And now we get to the "piece de resistance" (I know that spelling is incorrect) my junior prom picture with my date....Rob (last name omitted to protect the innocent). Anyways.....he is now a sheriff in fact, I went to prom with Barney. (Sorry.......that just made me laugh for 5 minutes) He was a very nice date and kind of stetson looking I might add. He was a year younger than me so I had to drive. To say the least it was a weird night. I actually remember saying......Oh my gosh!! I am so fat in that picture!! Da! "Youth is wasted on the young"

And yes, the black thing on the back was part of my dress. So cool!!! Actually I think the tidal wave on my forehead is the best look of all.

I am feeling rather giddy at the moment about these pictures. I have not seen them in a while so I am just having a laugh attack.....excuse me.

Hope you get a laugh too!!

No comments: