Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Breakfast at Tiffany's Before and After

I should probably wait until I have the room done......but if I did that it may be Christmas before I share. I have been lurking on sites such as Knack, Life in the Fun Lane and Thrifty Decor Chick to name a few. Please look at my blog list....there are so many talented women out there. They have so inspired me to get my house in order. I want to live in pretty and for a reasonable price.
Take this dresser. Kind of boring. Had it for 9 years as this brown blob. It has good bones, it is a Hill-Rom. So it probably was in a hospital at one point. I have two of them exactly the same. So when I decided to redecorate the spare bedroom I thought aqua because supposedly it is the color of the year. I went to Home Depot and got some spray primer, aqua spray paint, and white lacquer spray paint and got busy!!
Here is the before.

Sorry about the photos. There must have been something on the lens.

And ta da.......After!!!!
I am going to have to accent in 'diamonds' some where in the room. I just found a cool chandelier for 10 bucks that I am going to give the white lacquer treatment to....maybe diamonds will hang from there or a cool mirror...oh the possibilities.

I am not sure if I should rough up the paint a little or antique it. What do you think? As the Thrifty Decor Chick would say.....I Lurve it!! Can't wait to garage saleing (sp?) this summer.... my kids want in on the action too!! That way I can paint outside, before I bring it in.

hum... from this angle it looks like I may need to spray it some more in the front. In real life it does not look like this.


3 comments:

Thrifty Decor Chick said...

That color is FAB!!! It looks amazing! You did great!

Karli @ RockyBella said...

Ooks great!! The paint in my bedroom is sherwin Williams perfect greige, thank you for your sweet comment!

knack said...

good job friend! way to take something you already had....and turn into into something fresh and inspiring!

xo