Monday, September 08, 2008

What do you do when your kids are taking a bath? I decide to make a purse out of a leather skirt. I saw the skirt on my ironing board (not that I was going to iron leather) and decided that I must make this bag. Even though I really need to get my other bags made.
















On Saturday Dave and I and a couple of our friends went to this most wonderful place called Simply Good Kitchen. Bill and Shanny are a married couple and they are both chefs from the Culinary Institute of America. They are fabulous chefs and very nice people. What they do is have 26 people sit around their island kitchen and cook us a meal and tell us what and why they are doing it. For our dinner we had a ceasar salad, beef tenderloin, and bananas flombe. YUM YUM YUM. The steak is served with a zip sauce that is to die for. I could cut this steak with a fork!!!

Well I am in a dinner club. I have two other families that we swap dinners. On Monday I cook, Wednesday Megan, and Thursday Tina. I cook for 3 families and then deliver the other two and the other ladies do the same thing. There are not words to describe how wonderful this is. If you want more info let me know. We have been doing this since May of 2007. I have cut off about 200-300 off of my food bill each month.

Guess what I made tonight? Ceasar salad with grilled chicken. Bill and Shanny talk about the meis and plas (this is a french term and I am sure that I do not have the correct spelling). In English it should be to mind your P's and Q's. It is basically getting all of your ingredients together before starting your recipe. That way you know you have everything and are not running out to the Piggly Wiggly (grocery store) at the last moment.
Here are my meis and plas (again I know I am butchering this because I have tried to look it up so......if you know let me know). This is of course a picture of after I used the ingredients so I am missing an egg and few others.
I about broke my arm off stirring in the oil. Shanny said she has arms of steel from cooking...at least in her right arm.
The dressing is finished......yea. It was quite yummy and now it is 5 hours later and I have not gotten sick so I have done something right.


Here is the beautiful romaine lettuce freshly washed and spun.
.
.
At some point I need a picture of us eating but.....well next time.

No comments: