Wednesday, January 07, 2009

"My favorite things" blanket for teacher

Spencer's second grade teacher got this for Christmas. I asked the teacher about a week in advance to make a list of her favorite things. Then I went into the class on a Friday afternoon with about 5 other parents and we had each classmate decorate one square with one of her favorite things. That day was kind of chaotic and I was unsure of how the final product would turn out. I am so glad I did it the way I did because the kids had better ideas than what I had. They did a fabulous job decorating their squares.

It was fun giving it to her too. All of the children swarmed around her to tell her which square they decorated. It was definitely worth it. His teacher is wonderful.

1 comment:

Darcy said...

Hi Cindygert...
I love your blog and I check it every day. I was just given the Lemonade Award and in turn I am giving it to you. Thanks for making your blog such a special place!
darcy
http://ittybittyblog.wordpress.com