Monday, May 05, 2008


I have been very busy this last month.
First of all I would like to say that I live in the best neighborhood ever!!! It is so organized and there is a core group of us that get together regularly.
One of my dear neighbors was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer in his lower intestine/bowel area. Everyone wanted to do something but did not know what to do. So I came up with this. The nice thing about this is the final product is a useful gift.
12 of the neighbors took a 12x12 felted square from sweaters donated by a couple of the neighbors and decorated it and prayed for the family.
The theme for this blanket was the months of the year. So each one of us took a month. I then took all of the squares and put them together with the other coordinating blue and orange rectangles. This was absolutely lovely. Everyone did a fantastic job.
We then held a "recieving blanket party" for Ken and Erin. We all got together to let them know how much we appreciate them and care for them.
If you think about them please pray for them their names are Ken and Erin. He is currently responding to treatment. Their children are 5 and 3.

No comments: